Creating an assignment is a great way to monitor student progress on games and other iCivics digital resources. We recommend watching the iCivics Create An Assignment video as it provides a visual, comprehensive walk through of how to create an assignment for your students. Your students will access your class and their assignments with your class code. Please read more about class codes here. (You can also create accounts for students who do not have their own email addresses with information from the following link: student accounts info).
Please follow these steps to create your assignment:
- Click on "My iCivics"/Your Name at the top right corner
- Click on the "Classes Tab"
- Select the Class you want to create an assignment for
- Click on the "Add New" link on the top right corner of the 'Assignments' section
- On the "Create an Assignment" page make sure you link your assignment's content (PDFs and Teacher Lesson Plans CANNOT link in our LMS- only games, Drafting Board, Webquests, DBQuests)
- Add dates to your assignment, then scroll down and "SAVE"
*Lesson plans and materials embedded in the lesson plan PDF CANNOT be linked and therefore cannot be assigned through our LMS system.