You can add students to your iCivics Classroom two ways.
Method One: A teacher can create accounts (and a password for the class) for their students (recommended). No student emails are required.
Method Two: Teachers create a class and students create their own accounts and join the teacher's class with "class code". Student emails are required.
Below you will find both methods. We recommend choosing the method that best suits your needs and those of your students.
2. Go to you "My iCivics" Dashboard
3. Select "Classes" Tab in the middle
4. Select the Class you want to add students
5. Scroll down and click "Add Students"
6. Add Students Names and an iCivics Account will be created for them
If your students already have an iCivics Account and you need to add them to your class, provide them the "class code" you were given (with the names and all numbers). They will login and join your class with these steps:
Students can join a teacher's class through the following:
- Go to "My iCivics"
- Click the "Classes" Tab
- Select "Join A Class" on the right
- Type in the class code given when the class was created (located on the teacher's account under Classes > Class Code in white on the dashboard)