With our new Kami partnership, your iCivics lesson assignments can be synced directly with your Google Classroom classes!
First, make sure that your Google Classroom is synced with iCivics by following these instructions.
Then, complete the steps below to create and sync your assignments. There are two ways to create and sync an assignment. Choose the method that is best for you.
- Option 1: Assign from the Lesson Plan Resource Page
- Option 2: Assign from one of your classes in My iCivics
Option 1: From the Lesson Resource Page
- From the teach page, find the lesson you’d like for your students to complete. Lessons that are available in Kami viewer have the Kami logo at the bottom right corner. Click “View Full Lesson”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “Preview Assignment” to see what your students will see. A separate tab will pop-up with a preview of the lesson in the Kami viewer.
- Go back to the lesson resource page and click “Assign with Kami”.
- Complete the form with a title, due date, and any specific instructions for your students. Select the option to “Sync this assignment with your Google Classroom classes!”
- Make sure you “Allow” iCivics the proper permissions. Then, click Save!
Option 2: From Your iCivics Class
- Go to your My iCivics page and select the class for which you want to assign a lesson.
- Scroll to the “Assignments” section and click “+Add”.
- Complete the form with a title, due date, name of the lesson, and any specific instructions for your students. When you start typing the name of the lesson in the “Content” field, our resources will begin to automatically populate.
- Select the option to “Sync this assignment with your Google Classroom classes!”
- Select your account and “allow” iCivics the proper permissions. Then, click "Save".