When you assign a PDF through Google Classroom, you'll notice it uploads automatically as a Google Drive file, and that is how students will receive it. Unfortunately, Google Drive does not support fillable PDF fields, so there are a few extra steps you and your students should take to access and share a fillable PDF through Google Classroom.
1. Find the lesson you wish to assign to your students on iCivics and click "Download Resources". Fillable PDFs are labeled "fillable" in the Download Resources" button on our site.
2. Open the lesson or Zip file on your computer.
3. Download each individual file to your desktop (NOTE: this needs to be saved to your desktop, not to Google Drive!)
4. Create an assignment on Google Classroom and attach your fillable file(s).
5. You'll notice the Drive icon appears next to the PDF files. Assign to students.
1. Open the assignment from your teacher.
2. Click to open the PDF Drive File.
3. Select the three dots for more options and click Open in New Window
4. Select the icon for Download.
5. Open in a PDF reader (such as Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Edge, and others). This may happen automatically after you click Download.
6. Click Save As and save the PDF to your desktop, not to Drive.
7. Fill in your answers in the blue boxes and click Save.
8. Submit your assignment to your teacher through Google Classroom, choosing the File option to upload your completed fillable PDF assignment.