Read below for step-by-step instructions for registering for a student account, or click to watch our video tutorial on youtube.
1. Start by going to www.icivics.org.
2. Select the purple button that says "Sign In" at the top right-hand corner of the screen. A new screen will appear.
3. Next, select "Register as a Student" from the purple box:
There are two ways to register as a student: (1) with a class code and (2) with an email address. If your teacher shared a class code with you, follow Method One. If you do NOT have a class code, follow Method Two. You do not need a class code to use iCivics.
Method One: Class Code
A class code must be given to a student by an iCivics registered teacher. If you have a class code, follow the steps under this heading. If you do not have a class code, scroll to the next heading ("Method Two: Email")
4. Enter your class code and your first and last name in the boxes. You may choose to add an email address now or later when your profile is set up. An email address could help if you forget your password, but you don't need one if you have a class code.
5. After you enter this information, you will create a password for your account. When you have done this, click "Finish" and you will be logged into your new student account.
** It's important to write down your username so you don't forget it and lose access to your account.
Method Two: Email
You can also register for a student account using an email address. You do not need a class code for this method. When you select "Sign in" and "Register as a Student" (as described at the top), you'll be sent to the class code registration.
4. To register without a class code, click on the bottom where it says "I don't have a class code"
5. You'll be taken to this screen. Enter your first and last name and email address.
6. When you click "Next", you'll be asked to create a password.
After that you will be taken to this screen, which will remind you to go to your email and open the email we sent to verify your new student account.
7. Verify your account and then login.
If you don't see an email from us in your inbox, check your spam folder or click "Resent Confirmation".